The mandate of the Hospitality Services leadership team is to:
- provide a safe working environment for all staff
- ensure that Health & Safety standards are met and that all operations are compliant with all standards and guidelines as mandated by WSIB
- provide staff with proper training in WHIMIS, First Aid, Food Safety, Food Handling, etc.
- ensure all staff have access to all essential and mandatory materials including MSDS sheets, first aid kits, policies, etc.
- ensure there are handwashing sinks and eye wash stations in all locations
- ensure that equipment is always properly maintained and used correctly
- conduct monthly unit inspections and follow up to concerns or infractions that may exist
- continue to develop the Hospitality Services Health & Safety committee and its initiatives which include improved staff awareness through a monthly health & safety newsletter, poster campaign, presentations, site inspections, etc.